[R-SIG-Finance] getSymbols for FRED in quantmod has stopped working???

D Mack dmack10 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 23 01:54:36 CEST 2015

Alexander,  I have researched several post on this an am not clear on a work
around.     I am on a Mac using RStudio with R3.1.3

I have used a recommended workaround, but am still getting an error

options(download.file.method="libcurl")
getSymbols("DGS10", from = FromDate, to = ToDate, src="FRED")
US10Y <- data.frame(date=index(DGS10),coredata(DGS10))

I get the following error

Error in download.file(paste(FRED.URL, "/", Symbols[[i]], "/",
"downloaddata/",  :
  object 'status' not found

Have you been able to get a work around for this issue?