[R-SIG-Finance] chart_Series.R question

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 20:27:50 CEST 2015

On Fri, May 29, 2015 at 8:47 PM, E Pan <student.northwestern at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear list,
> up.col=NA, is in the default argument for chart_theme,
> this causes ohlc charts to be incorrectly drawn with chart_Series(up
> bars won't show up)

That's not true.  The 'up bars' are present in the following chart:
getSymbols("SPY")
chart_Series(SPY, subset="2015")

If they're not present in a chart you create, please provide a
reproducible example.

> any idea why it is set to NA as default?

I'm not sure of the reason, but it's been that way since the first
chart_Series commit.

> I am exploring options to color each bar in ohlc charts per value of
> technical indicators. am I in the right direction in exploring
> chart_Series.R?

Possibly, though you will need to write some very custom code,
possibly changing chart_Series itself, in ordre to be able to set the
color of individual candlesticks based on the value of another series.

> Thanks List!!
> Jim

Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com