[R-SIG-Finance] Harvesting Historical Data

Curtis Snell C.W.Snell at eagle.clarion.edu
Fri Jun 5 04:16:06 CEST 2015

?Looking for a little help here.

I harvest historical data for 200-500 stocks.  I remember there is an 'R' script that can pull the data from yahoo finance and compose it into a .txt file

Wondering if anyone knew where I could get a copy of the script.  I should be able to process the .txt file into excel without too much difficulty.

Grabbing this data individually is taking me 8-24 hours of work.  This should shorten that to 30 minutes or so.  I know this isn't really a technical question, but I could use some help/info.

Thank you,

Curt