[R-SIG-Finance] RUGARCH - non-negativity constraints on coefficients for exogenous variables in GARCH?

alexios alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu May 21 22:05:46 CEST 2015

Hi,

1. if the exogenous variables are in the conditional variance equation
use the "eGARCH" model
2. use setbounds(spec)<-list(vxreg1=c(lower1,
upper1),vxreg2=c(lower2,upper2),vxreg3=c(lower3,upper3))

with lower1, upper1 etc your custom bounds.

If you continue to have problems send me the code/data offlist and I
will investigate.

Best,

Alexios