[R-SIG-Finance] Problem using Quantmod and MySQL

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Mon Mar 30 18:25:52 CEST 2015

On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 5:37 PM, Joshua Ulrich <josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 1:50 PM, Ueli Hofstetter
> <uelihofstetter at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have some problems loading symbols from an mysql db using getSymbols.
>>
>> Instead of repeating the issue, here is a link to the description on
>> stackoverflow
>>
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/29333330/quantmod-error-loading-symbols-from-mysql-db
>>
>> Any help is greatly appreciated
>>
> The "character" method for dbConnect was removed in the 0.10 release
> of RMySQL. I'm not sure whether or not this was intentional. It was
> not mentioned in the release notes.

It was removed intentionally.  I do not have a MySQL database
available for testing, so I would really appreciate some help from
those who use this functionality.  Can someone please try this
suggested edit:
https://github.com/rstats-db/RMySQL/issues/62#issuecomment-87692704

And provide feedback at: https://github.com/joshuaulrich/quantmod/issues/45

Thanks!