[R-SIG-Finance] Quantmod Yahoo ticker download error

Marco Sun hs13322 at my.bristol.ac.uk
Tue Feb 24 14:56:46 CET 2015

Hi Isak,

I have checked your scripts and there is no error reported on my platform. getSymbols correctly downloads historical prices for `ZB-PA`
> library(quantstrat)
> all.symbols <- stockSymbols(c("NYSE"),sort.by=c("MarketCap","Exchange"),quiet=TRUE)
> biggest.symbols <- tail(all.symbols,n=5)
> clean.symbols <- subset(biggest.symbols, select = c("Symbol","Name","LastSale","MarketCap","Sector"))
> row.names(clean.symbols) <- NULL
> i=1 #trying i=1 instead of doing the entire loop
> symbol <- clean.symbols[i,]$Symbol
> try (getSymbols(symbol, verbose=FALSE, warnings=FALSE, from='2015-01-01'))
[1] "ZB-PA”
And a dataframe named `df` can also be constructed via your script
> df = data.frame(Date=index(get(symbol)), coredata(get(symbol)))

I would recommend you to update `quantmod` package if it is not the latest released version on your console.

Best,
Marco