[R-SIG-Finance] Number of data points required for Cointigration

amol gupta amolgupta87 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 19:09:02 CET 2015

Paul

You say that ADF is not really stable . I agree. Other options to explore
are

   - Use other unit root and stationarity  test.
   - Use other cointigration tests like johansen tests.
   - Finding PCA and choosing one of the lower variance portfolio and test
   for stationarity.(I need to understand PCA more.)

I will take some time and test these ideas. Have you tried anyone of these?
If yes, please share you experiences.

Thank you for your insights.