[R-SIG-Finance] Interactive Brokers - Adjustable trailing stop using API?

Raghuraman Ramachandran optionsraghu at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 13:05:11 CET 2014

Dear R -finance Gurus

Has anyone been able to mimic the interactive brokers adjustable stop
loss order type in TWS in an API setting please?

Basically, it is a conditional trailing stop order where as an example:

If I go long at 100, i have an initial stop (market or limit) at say
95 but if market rises to 105 I like the stop to trail by say $2 (so
the new stop becomes 103 etc) and so on. I also thought in the lines
of leaving an OCA order where the first order is a simple stop limit
at 95 but not able to proceed in the second order in the IB setting.
Can someone help please?

Many thx
Raghu