[R-SIG-Finance] Fwd: Re: Block Exogeneity Test

DEBASISH MAITRA debasishmaitra at gmail.com
Sat Nov 22 13:53:40 CET 2014

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your mail. You are absolutely right, I was looking for the
effect of lags of one variable on the other by excluding the lags of other
variables. But, in instantaneous causality, it tests the hypothesis whether
gdp is caused by cpi and m3 i.e. it is actually testing the causality
effects of two variables together on gdp. This does not give the output of
causality of one variable on the other without inclusion of the third
variable, i.e. gdp is caused by cpi, gdp is caused by m3, likewise.

Thanks,

Best regards,
Debasish