[R-SIG-Finance] Fwd: Re: Block Exogeneity Test

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Nov 21 11:49:25 CET 2014

To the list. - Brian

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Re: [R-SIG-Finance] Block Exogeneity Test
Date: 	Fri, 21 Nov 2014 16:05:44 +0530
From: 	DEBASISH MAITRA <debasishmaitra at gmail.com>
To: 	Brian G. Peterson <brian at braverock.com>

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your mail.
I am specifically looking for Block Exogeneity Wald test after my VAR
model. For an example, I have three series gdp, cpi and m3. After
estimating the VAR model (with an assumption that these three variable
are stationary) among these three varables, if I really want to test
hypotheses ; lags of cpi explain current gdp, lags of cpi explain
current m3; lags of gdp explain current cpi, lags of gdp explain current
m3 etc. I should have the results look like;

Dependent variable GDP
Excluded                Chi-sq                df               prob
cpi
m3

Dependent variable cpi
Excluded               Chi-sq                 df               prob
gdp
m3

Dependent variable m3
Excluded               Chi-sq                 df               prob
gdp
cpi

Kindly look into this and suggest the way ou.

Regards,
Debasish

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:23 PM, Brian G. Peterson <brian at braverock.com