[R-SIG-Finance] RBloomberg

Larry Shank larry.shank at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 20:46:40 CET 2014

Hello -

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to keep a data subscription
open when making a bdp call when using RBloomberg (i.e. constantly updated
real-time prices)?  For example,

> library(RBloomberg)

> conn <- blpConnect()
R version 2.13.2 (2011-09-30)
rJava Version 0.9-3
RBloomberg Version 0.4-150
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.5.1.1\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath

Bloomberg API Version 3.5.1.1
> conn
[1] "Java-Object{org.findata.blpwrapper.Connection at 187955b}"

> bdp(conn, "IBM US EQUITY", "LAST_PRICE")
              LAST_PRICE
IBM US EQUITY      161.2

I would like the bdp call to remain open or subscribed to constantly
update, as it does when executing the code =BDP("IBM EQUITY","LAST PRICE")
in Excel.

I appreciate any help.

Thank you,
Larry