[R-SIG-Finance] Popular stock forecasting/prediction algorithms in R

Anshul Pandey anshul.bits at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 15:10:31 CEST 2014

Hello Folks

I am a PhD student (Big Data Visualization) at NYU, trying to visualize
models used for stock forecasting (ideally machine learning based complex
models, instead of SMA/EMA).

I know there are some variations of Artificial Neural Network that people
use, but are there others as well?
I would greatly appreciate if someone can point to a few of such
models/algos and where to find them in R.

PS: Moderators, please let me know if my query is too generic and if there
is a more apt forum for such discussions.

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Anshul