[R-SIG-Finance] PerformanceAnalytics: CAPM.alpha vs CAPM.jensenAlpha

Charles Duranceau cduranceau at nial.ky
Thu Oct 16 01:00:39 CEST 2014

Hi,

What Is the difference between the function CAPM.alpha and CAPM.jensenAlpha in the package "PerformanceAnalytics".

To me both definitions have the same meaning but I found different results when running the numbers.
I understand CAPM.alpha being the "intercept" from the linear regression of a portfolio return over the benchmark (tested by lm(x~y).
However I cannot figure out the results from CAPM.jensenAlpha. What interpretation should I made of CAPM.jensenAlpha?

Thank you
Best Regards,

Charles

The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential to the intended recipient.  They may not be disclosed to or used by or copied in any way by anyone other than the intended recipient.  If this email is received in error, please contact Northview Investment Advisors Ltd. on + 1 345 943 2828 quoting the name of the sender and the email address to which it has been sent and then delete it.

Please further note that neither Northview Investment Advisors Ltd. nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email and any attachments.