[R-SIG-Finance] Time Varying Higher Moments - racd?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Wed May 28 19:35:37 CEST 2014

Thanks Alexios. "jsu" returns a solution quickly. The sigma and
quantile plots appear to be pretty much identical to what was in your
paper. The skewness and kertosis plots do look somewhat different but
I expect that's probably cause by using this different model.

Anyway, the code as supplied in the paper works fine now.

The last issue is not overly important but twinkle didn't install due
to (I think) some missing color definitions in Latex. I'll need to see
if I can find some info on fixing that but the hard stuff appears to
be working.

Cheers,
Mark

Installing twinkle
'/usr/lib64/R/bin/R' --vanilla CMD build
'/tmp/Rtmp5b80e3/devtools9e055940c74/alexiosg-twinkle-9461ed2d91a9'  \
  --no-manual --no-resave-data

* checking for file
'/tmp/Rtmp5b80e3/devtools9e055940c74/alexiosg-twinkle-9461ed2d91a9/DESCRIPTION'
... OK
* preparing 'twinkle':
* checking DESCRIPTION meta-information ... OK
* cleaning src
* installing the package to build vignettes
* creating vignettes ... ERROR
Error in texi2dvi(file = file, pdf = TRUE, clean = clean, quiet = quiet,  :
  Running 'texi2dvi' on 'The_Twinkle_Package.tex' failed.
LaTeX errors:
! LaTeX Error: Undefined color `violet'.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.