[R-SIG-Finance] Implied Volatility

Oleg Mubarakshin oleg.mubarakshin at gmail.com
Thu May 8 19:35:39 CEST 2014

Dear Katherine,

I'm an option trader not a risk manager and it is my own opinion only:
you need simulate both: dynamics of underlying and volatility. I would use
physical volatility to pricing an option, and apply the GARCH models to do
it. But only for simplifying.

If you want to do it "difficult and correct" you need to model mutual
dynamics: underlying, ATM volatility, and skew of volatility - it is "a
little bit" more difficult task. Ask Google about "value at risk for
derivatives"

Best regards,
Oleg Mubarakshin