[R-SIG-Finance] quantstrat - object 'prefer' not found?

rPaulS rpaulseymour at gmail.com
Thu May 8 11:48:58 CEST 2014

hello,
have been trying to get a handle on quantstrat by editing the demo scripts,
and seem to be stuck. basically, i am trying to use data where there is only
a close value (so, not OHLC or BBO). i did a search on this list, and found
an  older post
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/quantstrat-and-nonstandard-column-names-in-the-price-series-td3297855.html>
that had a similar situation and error:

> Error in getPrice(mktdata, prefer = prefer) : object 'prefer' not found

there was an example script in that thread that i have been mimicking, and
it seems like my prefer statements were not working. it eventually dawned on
me to try to run the original script, and it also returns the same error.
here is a direct link to the script to test or try -  vladimir.R
<http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/attachment/3298067/0/vladimir.R>   - i am
guessing whatever is wrong with that script, i am also doing wrong. if
anyone has any insight, please let me know. i've pretty much exhausted all
ideas to try to figure out what it is. thank you.

FYI i am using R version 3.1.0 (2014-04-10) on x86_64-apple-darwin13.1.0
(64-bit), and have installed the latest related packages - including
quantstrat_0.8.2, blotter_0.8.19 and FinancialInstrument_1.1.9.