[R-SIG-Finance] Blotter and historical options

Frank frankm60606 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 17 15:30:07 CEST 2014

Hi,

I have an interest in analyzing option data. I work with data from the CBOE
using an Access 2003 template and export it to cvs format. The analysis is
done on the cvs data using a C program.

I am thinking of writing a simple C program to process the CBOE data
directly to the cvs format I use. You could potentially use this program as
a starting point for conversion.

CBOE introduced new symbols for options in two stages, which I think is now
complete. You may want to consider using this format.

What is the source of your data? Hopefully CBOE?

Frank
Chicago, IL