[R-SIG-Finance] Different significance of parameter estimation in GARCH models using r (rugarch & fGarch package)

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Mar 27 18:26:29 CET 2014

ok, found the solution...the default control options for the hessian
routine had a zero tolerance value of sqrt(.Machine$double.eps/7e-7)
which is obviously not sufficient for parameters like omega which are
much smaller.

Fixed and committed. Please download latest from its bitbucket
development repository using the following commands:

library(devtools)
install_bitbucket("rugarch","alexiosg")

-Alexios