[R-SIG-Finance] Seeking help to understand the Bond value

Edu dominykasgrigonis at gmail.com
Sat Mar 22 16:55:44 CET 2014

The prices in both cases must be equal and the yield must be 5% as current price is equal to face. Look at formulas and play a bit to understand... If you want to discuss the implications in practice drop me an email. However i warn you, bonds are complex instruments being derivatives rather than base and once you go into yield curves and actual day counting it becomes pragmatic problem.

Sent from my iPhone