[R-SIG-Finance] Term structure

Keith S Weintraub kw1958 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 8 16:49:02 CET 2014

I will look through the Finance Task View (again) in the hope that I can get something that works for me.

I probably can make something that will give me the results that I want but I doubt I would be able to create a package that would be bullet-proof enough for others to use.

Can you tell me what you mean by this:

> This
> will get fixed "soon".  In the meantime, it does of course work if you
> actually have quantlib-config in your $PATH ...

Have you tried this on OS X? Mavericks? What $PATH are you talking about? In R? Do I have to build RQuantLib?

If it is as simple as fixing a PATH and installing RQuantLib I'm sure I can do that. What still remains is the fact that the curve "stuff" isn't quite right (for me) but at least I would be able to use all the other facilities of RQuantLib.

Question: You said you haven't used the "fixed-income parts". Don't you need good (reasonable) discount factors for equities and commodities?