[R-SIG-Finance] DEoptim MSGARCH

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Fri Feb 21 22:37:45 CET 2014

On 02/21/2014 03:27 PM, Bastian Offermann wrote:
> My question is more general: How would one take linear inequality
> constraints into account using DEoptim since the DEoptim function only
> allows box constraints? Couldnt find an optimizer so far that can handle
> box and linear inequality constraints.

That is indeed a very different question.

In DEoptim, this is supported via use of the mapping function specified
via parameter fnMap.

For portfolio optimization, many additional constraint types, including
linear and group inequality constraints, are supported directly for
multiple optimization engines, including DEoptim, in the R-Forge package
PortfolioAnalytics.

Regards,

Brian

--