[R-SIG-Finance] Formely known Rbloomberg package

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:11:24 CET 2014

Arnaud,

Can you not point Rblpai to the windows server that is running the
simulator?  It doesn't open a port?

For instance, on windows, you can do something like this (after
installing socat):
start c:\blp\API\bbcomm.exe
socat TCP4-LISTEN:18194,fork TCP4:localhost:8194

and then if you point Rblpapi to the 18194 port of your windows
machine, you should be ok.

Since you are running the emulator on wine, you may have to do
something different. just a thought.

-Whit