[R-SIG-Finance] Formely known Rbloomberg package

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 23:35:45 CET 2014

If you need a realtime feed for an app running on a non-windows
machine, you probably need to purchase sapi/b-pipe or one of their
other offerings.

If you want to run a linux vm on the same physical hardware, or a
windows vm inside a linux env, that will work, but I'm offering no
legal advice as to whether BBG is ok with that.

It is possible to run Rbbg on a linux machine.  We are a sapi client,
so I know this works (the api is the same).  It's possible that the
public github repo is a few commits behind the version we run.
Perhaps John can chime in on this on Monday.

I'll work on a Rpp module port of the c++ api in a few days.  For the
real-time bit, BBG also hase a nodejs offering, or you can look at
rzmq for pubsub.

https://github.com/bloomberg/node-blpapi

-Whit