[R-SIG-Finance] getSymbols fails for Yahoo symbols

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Tue Dec 31 21:50:53 CET 2013

On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 2:45 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 12:06 PM, Joshua Ulrich <josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ivan,
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 31, 2013 at 1:26 PM, Ivan Popivanov
>> <ivan.popivanov at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Looks like Yahoo have stopped providing web interface via chart.yahoo.com,
>>> which is used by getSymbols.yahoo. The site used to download data through
>>> the web interface is ichart.finance.yahoo.com, which seems to use the same
>>> interface.
>>>
>> Thanks for the report.  Fixed in r610 on R-Forge.
>>
>>> Happy New Year,
>>> Ivan
>>>

>> Best,
>> --
>> Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
>> FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com
>>

> How does one install the new version? The standard command I've used
> for other packages
>
> install.packages("quantmod", repos = "http://R-Forge.R-project.org")
>
> installs 0.4.1 which is likely the stable version I suppose.

The quantmod code on R-Forge should not be considered "stable".  It's
where development changes are applied and tested.  If you want the
latest from R-Forge, you must build from source, or wait for the
R-Forge build process to create the package.

See here if you want to build from source.
http://stackoverflow.com/q/11105131/271616