[R-SIG-Finance] addATR() and addTA(ATR()) generate different plots

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 17:08:31 CET 2013

On Thu, Nov 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM,  <manojit_roy at comcast.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the prompt response. Adding HLC() to ATR() function brings the
> plot closer to the addATR() plot, but there are still differences - addATR()
> values are somewhat higher than addTA(ATR) values, and the two plots differ
> in shape too.

The default arguments are different:
> args(addATR)
function (n = 14, maType = "EMA", ...)
NULL
> args(ATR)
function (HLC, n = 14, maType, ...)
NULL

So try:
addTA(ATR(HLC(ticker),n=20,maType="EMA")$atr,col='blue',lwd=2)

Please keep replies on-list, so everyone can benefit from the discussion.

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com