[R-SIG-Finance] ploting time series

Patrick Burns patrick at burns-stat.com
Tue Nov 26 12:34:50 CET 2013

My approach in your situation would be to
do the original plot command and then do:

par("usr")

This will return a length 4 vector of the
2 X limits and 2 Y limits that the graphics
system think are in place.  Those first
two numbers should tell you how R is thinking
and you can then adjust your thinking when
you use 'segments'.

Note that this only works with base graphics.
If you are using ggplot2 or grid graphics, then
you'll need a different approach.

Pat