[R-SIG-Finance] rugarch by processing with plyr

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Mon Sep 23 21:56:08 CEST 2013

Why would they? You have fixed them in the spec (data$XVAR) and are only
rolling the YVAR (which is the same for both subjects) by subject.

You probably want:

ddply(data, 'SUBJECT', function(x)
coef(ugarchfit(ugarchspec(mean.model=list(armaOrder=c(0,0),
external.regressors=data.matrix(x$XVAR)),variance.model=list(model='eGARCH')),
data=x$YVAR, solver='hybrid')))

Regards,

Alexios