[R-SIG-Finance] Bloomberg Data

Brian G. Peterson brian at braverock.com
Mon Sep 2 17:27:10 CEST 2013

On 09/02/2013 10:21 AM, Ralph Vince wrote:
> I'm trying to obtain data for certain South African stocks through the
> Bloomberg site, like:
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/quote/ASR:SJ
>
> and am wondering if there is not an api available much like there is with
> yahoo or google that anyone is aware of.

Ralph,

There is, to the best of my knowledge, no way to download historical
data from the Bloomberg website.  These 'Download' links are the hooks
taken advantage of by the getSymbols methods for Yahoo, Google, the Fed,
and other data sources.

There is of course the 'Rbbg' (formerly RBloomberg) package which can
extract information from a Bloomberg terminal, if you have one handy.

Regards,

Brian

--
Brian G. Peterson