[R-SIG-Finance] Alexxios Ghalanos Parma Package

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Mon Aug 5 18:27:51 CEST 2013

Hi Steve,

The fractional method directly solves the optimal risk to reward problem
using fractional programming without having to calculate the whole
frontier and then 'discover' the optimal. For linear problems (LP) the
theory goes back to Charnes & Cooper (1962), whilst for nonlinear convex
see Dinkelbach (1967)...references are in the manual.

Hope that clarifies.

Regards,

Alexios