[R-SIG-Finance] Best optimizer for large scale problems

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Jun 6 10:09:15 CEST 2013

For quadratic problems you really should use quadprog.

You can also try the 'parma' package which provides a nice interface to
frame your problem and constraints and then solve it using either an LP,
QP, NLP (with analytic derivatives) or GNLP formulation (depending on
the intersection of problem and constraint type).

Regards,

Alexios