[R-SIG-Finance] R/Finance 2013 presentations posted

Dirk Eddelbuettel edd at debian.org
Mon May 27 17:37:26 CEST 2013

Presentation slides from R/Finance 2013 have now been posted; I wrote up a
short blog post at

    http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/blog/2013/05/27#r_finance_2013_recap

with links and the following short text:

   R / Finance 2013 Recap -- and Presentation Slides

   The fifth internation R/Finance conference was held last weekend. As one
   of the founding co-organizers, I may well be accussed of a little bias,
   but we think we once again pulled off a very nice and successful
   weekend-long event. Participants had kind words to say during the
   conference, and a few first posts have appeared such as Joe Rickert's post
   over at the REvo blog.

   Some participants, myself included, had already posted on their personal
   websites (though had forgotten to mention it here). In any event, I just
   updated the website with links to the pdf (or ppt) slides of all
   presenters who shared their material with us. Supplemental material may be
   made available too at a later date.

   We hope you find these slides useful. Please do spread the word about the
   R/Finance conference as we expect to have a sixth edition in May
   2014---and we do look forward to receiving even more outstanding
   submissions. Dates, details, call for papers, etc will be forthcoming over
   the next few months.

So please do spread the word, and do plan submit to submit something once we
open the call for papers for the 2014 edition.

On behalf of everybody behind the R/Finance conferences,
Dirk