[R-SIG-Finance] R-SIG-Finance Digest, Vol 108, Issue 12

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Tue May 14 22:29:36 CEST 2013

The reason you have an error is that you have not followed my instructions.

Your code:
##################
f = function(x, mu, sigma, skew, shape) mu + qdist("nig", p=0.05, mu=0,
sigma=1, skew=skew, shape=shape)*sigma
But I this is not what I sent you, and makes absolutely no sense (you
want to integrate this quantile over the range 0-alpha).

Instead you should have used:
f = function(x, mu, sigma, skew, shape) mu + qdist("nig", p=x, mu=0,
sigma=1, skew=skew, shape=shape)*sigma

Regards,
Alexios