[R-SIG-Finance] quantStrat/blotter for R-3.0.0?

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 21:00:54 CEST 2013

Hi,
   Is there a good home page or Wiki for how folks are approaching
trading within R using quantStrat, TradeAnalytics, or something else?

   I'm working in RStudio/R-3.0-64-bit and am pretty much a putz when
it comes to R programming. However I've started developing something
that would never be tradable in TradeStation but might well work in R
one of these days so I thought maybe I should start learning a bit
more. Unfortunately when I attempt to install quantstrat & blotter
using the RStudio GUI from CRAN I get messages that they're not
available for R-3.0. Trade Analytics doesn't seem to show up at all.

   Am I pointed at the wrong place to get the packages, do I need to
downgrade R/R-Studio, or am I attempting to install the wrong thing? I
see quantStrat pages. I've also found Trade Analytics pages so I'm
thinking I need a pointer to the right place to start my education.

Thanks,
Mark