[R-SIG-Finance] precision of data download in rbbg/rbloomberg

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 15:35:10 CEST 2013

So, as JL was saying, in this case, implementation speed isn't the issue.

Before someone makes a fuss about re-inventing the wheel...

The thinking behind the c++ version is that as much as I love Java (ha
ha), we need to use this in ruby, so the c++ bit will eventually be
generalized into something independent from this R package.

One of the bigger issues to deal with is a c++ implementation of
DataFrames.  It's a bit of a pain in the ass.

Anyway, the link is here if anyone wants to experiment.  I've set this
up to compile on linux, but I haven't done anything about Windows, so
you're on your own if you want that to work.

https://github.com/armstrtw/Rblpapi

-Whit