[R-SIG-Finance] RBBG with R 2.15.2

Paul Gilbert pgilbert902 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 17:51:39 CEST 2013

This regarding setInternet2 and .jinit is probably related. It is
summarized from a personal correspondence forwarded to me by Geoff Wright:

(by memory so details may not be exactly correct)

-the issue was related to a change in stack size introduced with R
2.15.2 (using a stack size of 64m; even on Windows 32-bit systems).

- RStudio introduced a fix to use a smaller stack size on Windows 32-bit.

-With R 3.0 the stack size was changed back to 16m for the Win32 builds.

-Therefore, do not use R 2.15.2 or R 2.15.3 on Windows 32-bit (except
for using it with a recent RStudio release where they force smaller
stack sizes).

Paul