[R-SIG-Finance] Google data download with getSymbols - is there a limit/quota ?

me me at censix.com
Sat Mar 23 17:18:19 CET 2013

Use google finance data to make investment
decisions ? Who whould do such a thing ? not me :)

> getSymbols has for years included a pause between requests for
> multiple symbols

Ah, interesting, but I am not seeing such a pause anywhere in the
getSymbols.google() source (quantmod version 0.4-0 from CRAN)

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions. I have found that it works well if
I have a pause of 15 minutes between each batch of 500 symbols. Could
probably investigate if it can be pushed even lower, but 15 mins is
fine for me.

Bon weekend!