[R-SIG-Finance] RUGARCH Question

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Thu Mar 14 13:53:30 CET 2013

Hi,

Not sure what you mean by "halts". In any case, if you try searching the
methods available for a uGARCHfit object (?'uGARCHfit-class') you will
find one called 'convergence' which returns the solver convergence code
for the estimated object (where convergence >= 0 means it has converged
for most solvers).

There is also the possibility that the solver does converge but to a
local solution (rare but it does happen) in which case it is also
possible that the estimated hessian at that point cannot be inverted
resulting in a warning.

You might find the 'multispec' and 'multifit' methods of value in your
strategy since they do try to catch such problems and are also setup for
parallel processing.

Finally, for purely arfima models, try the 'autoarfima' function which
can also search for non-sequential ARMA orders via complete parameter
space enumeration.

Regards,
Alexios