[R-SIG-Finance] apARCH forecast using rugarch

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Mon Mar 4 08:54:41 CET 2013

Jesper,

- There is a vignette which shows details of the formulae used for each
model.
- For t+h (h>1) you will also need to understand something about the
unconditional expectation of certain values conditional on the density D
i.e.  E[ ((abs(e)-gamma*e)^(delta)) * D(e, skew, shape, ...)]
- ...all of which are available in the source code which is there for
you to investigate if you are truly interested (which is the whole point
of open source).

Regards,
Alexios

PS you can access persistence using 'persistence(fit)' rather than
fit at fit$persistence, and you can also access the long run variance using
'uncvariance(fit)'.