[R-SIG-Finance] Komogrov-Smirov dominance test and Wilcoxon rank sum and, signed rank test (Wei-han Liu)

Stefan Janse van Rensburg sjansevanrensburg at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 15:28:05 CET 2013

Apologies, originally sent this without the appropriate subject line.

I don't think that those tests are exactly valid for financial data. The
Wilcoxon test is based on the assumption that your observations are
independent. In fact, of you are strict about it, the test is really one
of location shift, so the two populations should have the same shape
(scale, skew etc).

As for the KS, off the bat I don't really see why it shouldn't work, but
my gut tells me that it isn't the best option.

--

Stefan Janse van Rensburg
<http://www.ru.ac.za/statistics/staff/mrstefanjansevanrensburg/>

<http://www.ru.ac.za/statistics/staff/mrstefanjansevanrensburg/>

Lecturer, Dept. of Statistics, Rhodes University

Tel: +27-046-603-8682

--

Visit my public photo album...
<https://picasaweb.google.com/102772614620404730049?feat=email>