[R-SIG-Finance] FIX engine integration

sidharth mallik htrahdis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 20:57:13 CET 2013

@Ulrich : Aren't the specifications you mentioned somewhat obvious ?

Since he wants to use R, high frequency is ruled out. it is most
probably medium frequency.
then again, in absence of specs, we must assume that R will be used
here as a calculation engine for whatever kind of calculations
required which should by default include any calculations for reacting
to order events. I mean not reacting to order events is just a subset
of the whole thing and is just an architectural issue when actually
making the platform.

the actual issues he needs to answer are :

1. is this for a server level platform or a client level platform
2. what is the actual volume of trading
3. does he already have a front end or will that need to be integrated as well
4. what kind of risk management needs to be involved

and other such stuff.

but in any case, i think he is already using some platform and he has
strategies already prepared for that platform, so the actual
requirement is that a platform is being used, can he lay hands on R
code that can perform the same stuff or not.