[R-SIG-Finance] FIX engine integration

Frank frankm60606 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 17 20:02:20 CET 2013

I mean there are several trading firms in Chicago that do this. They have
full time staffs on hand to keep everything going. FIX is not just as easy
as sending in buy me 1 e-mini at a price. Everything in the FIX message has
to be correct to get an ACK, if not you get a NAK. An ACK message is
detailed here:

http://www.fixprotocol.org/specifications/fix4.4fiximate/TradeCaptureReportA
ck.html

I was on a team interviewing for a FIX person. The best person wanted
$200,000 plus incentives. That was more than $100,000 over our salary range.
She eventually got what she was asking from a trading shop in Boston. So the
help for this is not cheap.

Wouldn't you rather use a brokerage firm that can take an order off a simple
order entry system and let them process it into FIX format and send it on to
the exchange?

GL

Frank