[R-SIG-Finance] IBrokers Risk Management Backend Solution Help with twsPortfolioValue

JohnnyPaper brad.saterfiel at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 20:21:07 CET 2013

Hi Garrett,

I suppose I was assuming that since the 2104 and 2106 messages were coming
and then the 2100 message was next and it said that I was unsubscribed to
account data after every successive attempt to query the portfolio value (as
well from Friday I remember that it looked to me as though the portfolio
data wasn't' changing in each successive query posted to the R console as it
was on the TWS display) .  So if the connection isn't getting closed, can
you see any type of solution in the code to work in so that I am getting
updated portfolio information to perform the risk checks?  I really
appreciate the help.  I'm sure there is some sort of small change that needs
to be made and things will run just fine.  This really is the last step for
me to get things nearly fully automated, and I am extremely excited to do
so.

Kind Regards,

Brad