[R-SIG-Finance] Minor bug in addSAR

Joshua Ulrich josh.m.ulrich at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 19:57:07 CET 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 4:20 PM, Worik Stanton <worik.stanton at gmail.com> wrote:
>> getSymbols("YHOO")
>> YH <- YHOO[,-5] # Remove volume
>> chartSeries(YH, subset='2012-11::2013-01-07')
>> addSAR()
>
> The SAR plot extends off the plot area.

If you consider this a bug in addSAR, then it's a bug in all the
overlay functions (i.e. all moving averages, Bollinger Bands, ZigZag,
etc.).  It would be nice if the overlay functions checked and revised
the y-axis limits, but it's probably more than a trivial patch.

> Using chart_Series(..) it is the same except that the background colour of
> the plot is changed from white to black.

There is no add_SAR, so I'm not sure how you got (or expected)
reasonable results by combining chart_Series with addSAR.

> cheers
> Worik
> --
> Overcoming poverty is not a task of charity, it is an act of justice

Best,
--
Joshua Ulrich  |  about.me/joshuaulrich
FOSS Trading  |  www.fosstrading.com