[R-SIG-Finance] wavelet analyisis to denoising time series

Wildi Marc (wlmr) wlmr at zhaw.ch
Wed Jan 9 10:05:17 CET 2013

Before you get involved too deeply into this application please consider that wavelets are not well-suited for the task you intend to perform (SVM forecasting).
-Wavelets are well-suited for a posteriori data-analysis in the middle of a time series
-They fail to behave well towards the sample boundaries (the last data point).
But you're free to allocate your time as you want, of course.

Marc