[R-SIG-Finance] Rbbg package's CONNECTION_FAILURE

altaf altaf.kassam at ubs.com
Wed Jan 2 08:44:18 CET 2013

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions here.  I managed to resolve the
issue by going through the following steps:
1)  Reinstall the Bloomberg Java API from WAPI <Go> on Bloomberg to make
sure I had the Java API v.3 and point the Rbbg blp.connect() call to this
version.
2)  Reinstall the JRE and JDK from Oracle to make sure I had the right
javac.exe and add this version to the PATH.
3)  To limit memory usage run 'memory.size(4095)' and add the parameters
'jvm.params = "-Xss1024k", cache.responses = FALSE' to the blp.connect()
call.
4)  Make sure bbcomm.exe was running.

Thanks again for all your help,

altaf wrote