[R-SIG-Finance] Rbbg package's CONNECTION_FAILURE

altaf altaf.kassam at ubs.com
Thu Dec 27 14:00:27 CET 2012

Thanks, John.  I found the other blpapi3.jar file and made sure I specified
that but then I got the following CONNECTION_FAILURE:

> con.BBG <-
> blpConnect(blpapi.jar.file="C:\\blp\\API\\APIv3\\JavaAPI\\v3.5.1.1\\lib\\blpapi3.jar")
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
rJava Version 0.9-3
Rbbg Version 0.4-155
Java environment initialized successfully.
Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.5.1.1\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
  org.findata.blpwrapper.WrapperException: Session not started because:
CONNECTION_FAILURE

John Laing wrote