[R-SIG-Finance] Rbbg package's CONNECTION_FAILURE

altaf altaf.kassam at ubs.com
Thu Dec 27 11:04:14 CET 2012

Hi Julien, thanks for the reply.  Using your simple command above I get the
error:

"> con.BBG<-blpConnect()
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
rJava Version 0.9-3
Rbbg Version 0.4-155
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Error in blpConnect.Java("warning", NULL, TRUE, NULL, TRUE, FALSE) :
  Can't find C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI please confirm you have Bloomberg
Version 3 Java API installed. If it's in a different location, please report
this to Rbbg package maintainer.
> "

so that is why I thought I needed to specify the location of the blpapi3.jar
file but when I do (not just the path but the actual file) I get my original
error:

"> blpConnect(blpapi.jar.file="C:\\Program
Files\\Bloomberg\\bloomberg\\API\\blpapi3.jar")
R version 2.15.2 (2012-10-26)
rJava Version 0.9-3
Rbbg Version 0.4-155
Java environment initialized successfully.
Adding C:\Program Files\Bloomberg\bloomberg\API\blpapi3.jar to Java
classpath
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
  java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/bloomberglp/blpapi/SessionOptions"