[R-SIG-Finance] qantstrat same period execution

Ulrich Staudinger ustaudinger at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 18:07:26 CET 2012

but in direct response to this mail, i think that assuming to get the
close price at days end is very dangerous. in some markets the
reported close price is calculated on an aveerage based on trades done
in the  last ten minutes. while this is just a stronger argument for
end of current period execution, it is also built on a highly specific
fact. and, when the market is closed it is closed, unlike intraday
periodicities.

--
Ulrich Staudinger
ActiveQuant GmbH