[R-SIG-Finance] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread

Gordon Morrison Gordon.Morrison at ftse.com
Thu Nov 29 11:26:02 CET 2012

Sorry, perhaps some more information.

If I run the code from RStudio, I get the errors already mentioned. But if I run it just from the RGui, the connection is made and data can be downloaded.

Gordon

It happens with a cold booted machine as well

> library(Rbbg)
> conName <- blpConnect()
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
rJava Version 0.9-3
Rbbg Version 0.4-153
Java environment initialized successfully.
Looking for most recent blpapi3.jar file...
Adding C:\blp\API\APIv3\JavaAPI\v3.4.8.1\lib\blpapi3.jar to Java classpath
Error in .jnew("org/findata/blpwrapper/Connection", java.log.level) :
  java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
> conName <- blpConnect(jvm.params = "-Xmx1024m")
R version 2.15.0 (2012-03-30)
rJava Version 0.9-3
Rbbg Version 0.4-153
Using JVM parameters -Xmx1024m