[R-SIG-Finance] Rugarch:garch estimates

alexios ghalanos alexios at 4dscape.com
Wed Nov 7 17:08:46 CET 2012

Any probability model is unlikely to be the true DGP, but rather an
approximation to it...which is why White (1982) suggested the use
of the "robust" standard errors since they give asymptotically valid
confidence intervals for the 'approximate-model' parameters, minimizing
the information distance between the true probability measure and the
quasi-likelihood...all of which is available in any standard
econometrics textbook...as to what to consider, it depends on what
you want to do. There are a host of other tests which are displayed
in the summary which should provide further guidance about which model
to choose (e.g. sign bias) or distribution (gof test).

Note that h/w questions should not be posted to this forum, and
posting the same message more than once is considered rude.

-Alexios